OverviewThe ParaEq w/Boost gives musicians a powerful, musical, high quality EQ in a conveniently small package. The signal path of the ParaEq w/Boost is comprised of the highest quality components chosen for their transparency, powerful tone shaping capabilities, and low operating noise. With the Empress ParaEq w/Boost your instrument will still sound like your instrument, only better.
3 bands of parametric EQ, each with 3 selectable q widths, give you extremely flexible EQ. The wide Q is great for general tone shaping and is extremely transparent. The medium Q is perfect for everyday problem solving like pulling out boxiness from the low mids to reducing harshness and adding bit in the upper mids. The narrow Q excels at notching out problem frequencies and is a saviour for acoustic guitarists when combating feedback issues.
The Boost section offers 30dB of clean boost and can be set to engage with the EQ section to act as a make-up gain when doing subtractive EQ, or can be used completely separately as a pure clean boost. Great for bumping up your volume for solos or hitting the front end of a tube amp for a bit more break-up.
- All Analog Signal Path – to deliver the most organic tone possible.
- Ultra Transparent Sweet Sounding EQ – enhance your sound without masking the tone of your instrument.
- Lots of Control - with switchable q, fully over-lapping sweepable frequency selection, and 15dB of cut and boost you’ll get all the control you need.
- Ultra-Quiet – You’ve come to expect our pedals to be noise free and we’ve delivered once again. If you put this at the front of your chain and boost a bit you’ll also cut down on the noise your other pedals are introducing.
- Loads of Headroom - Internally switchable to run off 9/12/18V power supplies.
- 30dB of Boost - making it an ideal candidate before long effects chains and overdriving tube amps.
- Pristine Clean Sound – We measured the distortion to be less than 0.03%. Pretty remarkable for a guitar pedal.
- True Bypass - The Empress ParaEq w/Boost EQ Pedal employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Perfect Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
Here's an example on bass. The unprocessed signal is boxy sounding and flat. We used the ParaEq to add a bit of bottom, cut the low mids and give a gentle boost in the high mids.
|Power Input Voltage||9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)|
|Power Input Connector||2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)|
|Power Consumption||85mA (does not change with input voltage)|
|Enclosure Material||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Input connector||1/4" Jack|
|Output connector||1/4" Jack|
|Height (Enclosure only)||1.5"|
|Height (including controls)||2"|
|Q's||0.5, 1.5 and 3|