The #1 EQ pedal returns - better than ever
How to get the most out of your ParaEq
That Pedal Show Gives a Tutorial on EQ
Mick and Dan demonstrate how to sculpt your tone using a ParaEq MKII Deluxe.
Pedal Intro/High-Pass & Low-Pass
Watch as Aaron uses the high-pass and low-pass filters in his amp's effects loop to tighten up his heavy tone.
Aaron dials in a lo-fi retro tone transition that’s often used pare down the signal so you have lots of impact when the band kicks back in.
Aaron uses the parametric EQ to boost the front of his amp into overdrive, and then shape it further with changing up the frequency content the amp sees.
Mid-Forward Lead Tone
Aaron zones in on his ‘easy on the hands’ solo sound.
ParaEq on Synth
Aaron explores shaping the Moog Sub 37 with the ParaEq.
Why Choose Parametric EQ over Graphic EQ?
Graphic equalizers provide a convenient visual sense of the EQ curve. However, there is a tradeoff in transparency and precision.
The graph here shows the ParaEq MKII Deluxe (cyan) and a 7-band graphic EQ pedal (magenta) both providing a +4dB boost at around 2 kHz. As can be seen, the ParaEq is much more precise in the changes it can make, whereas the graphic EQ affects nearly the entire frequency spectrum. Furthermore, at around 10kHz the ParaEq is providing unity gain, whereas the graphic EQ is attenuating the signal by nearly 6dB. This makes the ParaEq a more transparent circuit than the graphic EQ.
This combination of transparency and precision is why recording studio control rooms are dominated by parametric equalizers, and why they’re a great choice for creative and corrective EQ on your pedalboard.
Which ParaEq Do You Need?
The original ParaEq has been loved and trusted by musicians on a variety of instruments for over a decade. Both the ParaEq MKII and the ParaEq MKII Deluxe feature a low-noise, transparent signal path that is extremely versatile.
With three fully parametric bands, you can simultaneously achieve broad tonal shaping and precise fine-tuning to sculpt your perfect sound.
The ParaEQ MKII Deluxe will appeal to players who:
- Need high-pass and low-pass filters for precision work at the frequency extremes
- Want the glorious sound of Bandaxall filters for sparkling high end or extra weight in the low end
- Want to be prepared for any EQ situation
Controls at a Glance
Customer Service You Can Trust
Everyone will claim they have great customer service, so we encourage you to take a quick minute to Google our reputation.
Here’s quick facts you should know about:
- All Empress Effects products come with a 2 year warranty. You can extend this warranty to 4 years by filling out an online registration.
- Returns for purchases made on our website are accepted within 45 days of purchase for any reason and eligible for a full refund including shipping costs.
- We LOVE to hear about your dealer experience, both positive and negative so don’t be afraid to reach out.