OverviewSure it does basic delay sounds, and it sounds better than anything else out there while doing them. But if all you want is a simple delay pedal, the Empress Superdelay isn't for you. The Empress Superdelay is for musicians who want to be inspired by their pedals, not limited by them.
- Killer Sound Quality - The Signal to Noise ratio is around 105dB.
- 2.8 Seconds of Delay Time - For your extra long delays.
- 8 modes - normal, tap, autoset (delay time is set by tempo played), reverse, rhythm mode (multitap), tape mode, misc (dynamic, gate), and 11 second looper.
- Expression Pedal Input - allows you to control either mix or feedback with your foot.
- High Pass/Low Pass Filter - high pass is good for electronic music, low pass is sweet for darker analog delay type sounds.
- Fast/Slow Modulation - slow adds extra texture, fast is a little crazy.
- 8 Presets - Settings can be saved to 8 presets. With three stompswitches, accessing the presets is easy.
- Tap Tempo with Ratios - many of the modes use tap tempo, and the ratio selection makes fast in-time delay times easy.
- True Bypass - The Empress Superdelay employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 5.7" by 3.75" by 1.75", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
SoundclipsNormal delay with crazy feedback. (00:27 sec | 429 KB)
Multi tap delay. (00:25 sec | 402 KB)
Reverse delay. (00:46 sec | 727 KB)
Reverse double speed delay. (00:24 sec | 376 KB)
|Power Input Voltage||9 - 12 V DC (Positive tip)|
|Power Input Connector||2.1mm barrel connector (Positive tip)|
|Enclosure Material||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Input connector||1/4" Jack|
|Output connector||1/4" Jack|
|Height (Enclosure only)||1.75"|
|Height (including controls)||2.25"|
|Signal to noise ratio||105dB|